About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Winter

I'll start by going through the end of Autumn and start of winter which I had the unfortune of 3 bad things all at once.
Got sick for 3 weeks with flu.
Then as I was on way back up had a massive crash and couldn't ride for 4 weeks
To top it off it was time to get my wisdom teeth out another 2 weeks out.

During all this I had the second benchmark in Nelson where I was still injured from crash and pulled out after 80km.
Then before wisdom op I finished 4th in Benchmark Elite Series Kaikoura, no idea how as I had done no riding at all!

U23 Jersey on Podium (looking after it as Toms in Elite Jersey)
So I had some decent time off the bike and lost a huge amount of fitness.
I started back during June with some base miles and some cross racing!

Cross was really fun, I wasn't very competitive though. Lost heaps of time on the super technical circuits.

Whoopsie

Photo




No comments:

Post a Comment