About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Tour of Southland

Its been a while since my last post and its been a busy period of training assessments and upcoming exams. I have my biggest race of the year the Tour of Southland next week. The race is 900km long over 7 days starting on the 30th of October. I am racing for Oliphert Contracting team with 5 others. Basically the race is a tour around the Southland district with stages to Gore, Bluff, Te Anau, Winton and Queestown. I have been training very hard over the last 10 weeks once I got over my previous crash injuries. A recent good result was my third place overall in the Taieri Tour,  I was pleased with this considering my limited race fitness.

Once the tour is finished I will be focusing on the Oceania Track Championships. Most likely focusing in on the Omnium and the Scratch race events.

As for next year I have several options I am exploring including some overseas racing and continuing my study.

1 comment:

  1. I will be regularly updating the blog during the Tour so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete