About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 7, Winton to Invercargill

Today I woke up to snow and hail on the ground in November! The time trial stage was cancelled in the morning which left us to contest the last 80km stage to Invercargill. I had good legs but the start was fast and i wasnt fully warmed up so suffered a bit but still made the front group only for the race to come back together. Later in the satge I had poor positioning in the bunch and for the first time since stage 1 I was off the back of the main group. I was still feeling strong so just bided my time and worked my way forward again. I won the 2nd group sprint home for a bit of fun because Holly was watching :). Very pleased to see the line and finish my tour in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment