About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stages 2&3 Wednesday

Well the double day went pretty good. I'm a bit late updating this one. Stage 1 was a fast and furious dash from Riverton to Tuatapere. I stayed near the front most of the stage and finished solid around 40th. The next stage was a bit bigger with 100km from Tuatapere to Te Anau. It featured the Blackmount hill climb at half way. I had good positioning all the way to the climb and hit it about 20th, I moved up and passed riders that were being dropped. I was at my limit but maintained contact with the bunch. We then had a fast 50km to Te Anau and I stayed up front the whole way. I was about 30th at the finish after losing positions in the run in. We were hitting 65km/h at times. I was pleased with the day saving energy for the days to come. Cheers B

No comments:

Post a Comment