About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oceanias and Aussie Trip

The Oceania Championships didn't go to plan, After Southland I got sick with the flu for about a week so didn't do much training at all. I had one session on the Saturday before to find my track legs. I decided due to the sickness to drop out of the Omnium and opt into the Points Race. The racing turned out to be very fast due to the addition of some big diesel fired heaters which made for some fast times. I had the Scratch race up first and finished mid pack in 10th. The race was very fast from the gun but was a good wake up to the legs. The team pursuit guys and girls went super sonic and posted 3.55 and 3.19 which was very exciting to see. On Wednesday I had the Points Race which was very fast from the start, I won the first sprint and was involved in a few others. Lost a lap after the race blew apart after a sprint. I wasn't recovered from sprinting and got caught out. Luckily I hoped onto Sam Bewley and Aaron Gate who were taking a lap and sat on them for 10laps. This put me in good shape for the finale where I held onto my 7th place with many failing to finnish. I was pleased with the race and my form is looking good.

On Saturday I won the local club race which was a bit of fun. I took a solo win- write up below
http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cycling/188393/cycling-evans-overcomes-wind-opposition

On Thursday I travel to Australia for two weekends of track carnival and Madison action. Which I'm really looking forward to.

Thanks for reading,
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment