About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Te Anau to Queestown: Crown Range 180km

Today was a good day I studied the race map and knew the major turns which would be decisive with wind direction. At Mossburn we took a sharp left turn and the race was in the gutter I was positioned about half way in the bunch and guys were losing wheels and going backwards 4 or 5 times I had to make big efforts to move forward and stay in the peloton but once this was over It was a lot better. I just stayed in the bunch to Kingston, Lake Wakitipu and the devils staircase. I lost contact with a few others with 5km to go. I was pretty spent and hit the 3km climb not far off the bunch. I climbed well to finish 33rd. Another good day racing. Tomorrow we race to Gore and around it's outskirts 167km, I feeling good at this stage so I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment