About Me

My photo
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
I am a professional cyclist for Drapac Pro Cycling. An Australian registered Pro Continental team. My hometown is Dunedin in New Zealand. I also study business and event management. Racing my bike around the globe aiming to get to the highest level in the sport.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Invercargill to Gore 167km- Day 6

I had a great day, Got involved in the early spints and won one and had 2 2nds and a third. The plan was to get in the breakaway so I was right up the front and we had a sharp left turn and the whole race blew apart. I made the front group with only 20 or so riders I was very happy. For 20km or so we stayed the same size until a few other riders caught up. I stayed handy all day. Through Mataura and up a hill we hit some hail which wasn't the best. Once we got to Gore things started to heat up and the pace increased into some strong headwinds and side winds. I went off road for a bit about 300m after being blown off. Just before the last climb a few took off and then lead into the corner for the tail wind home. At times we were hitting 65km/h I was reasonably comfortable with it. With 5km to go 5-6 took off and I missed the move but with 2km to go I took off. To finish just in front of the other group. I was 18th in the end. very happy with the day. I moved up to 23rd overall and 7th U23. If I didn't lose the time on the first day after being in the break I would have been even higher but ohwell its allgood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment